View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 03:07 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
LA completely dominated their opponents, they didn't squeak. I think after Quick, Brown, Doughty, and Kopitar there were no essentials.

But I don't have a parallel reality machine :-)
Compelling argument I must say...

Quote:
I don't think anybody is proposing Plekanec be traded for anything we can get. The idea is that he is a valuable chip, so we should try and get value. I'd say the minimum value for Plekanec might be two 1st rounders from a playoff team.

A good analogy might be Toronto and Kaberle. They held on to Kaberle until they could get Joe Colborne, a 1st rounder, and a 2nd rounder. A good risk.
I have no interest in getting middle to late first rounders for Plekanec.

Quote:
If young players play because they're better than anything else available, i.e. Subban, it's because it's what's best for present. If Subban is your number one dman, don't pretend you're playing him because it's a long-term investment. It's not.

When young players are playing in spite of the fact that better players could be had elsewhere, because you're hoping they'll become great, then you're investing in the future.
If half your team is filled with young players including 4 rookies, I'll consider that investing in the future.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote