View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 04:18 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
If NHL started tomorrow, what would the lineup look like? Some of the prospects have been very impressive in the AHL so far.

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Holland-Palmieri
Cogliano-Koivu-Selšnne
Winnik-Bonino-Beleskey
Staubitz

Beauchemin-Fowler
Sbisa-Allen
Lydman-Souray/Vatanen/Lindholm

Hiller
Fasth

Some of you probably won't like it that I'm pairing Selšnne with Koivu but considering how good Holland and Palmieri have been together in AHL I would like to see if they could bring it to NHL. I don't think that either have anything left to proof in AHL.

Left wing is the hardest position to do, DSP could be Penner 2.0 but is he yet? Does Ryan play his best game when he isn't playing with GP? Should Cogliano be with old guys to make an incredibly fast line or should he be with Holland and Palmieri to cover their defensive mistakes? Where does the new guy Winnik fit? When will Staubitz play? Offence could very well be:

Ryan-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogliano-Holland-Palmieri
Winnik-Koivu-Selšnne
DSP-Bonino-Beleskey
Staubitz

Thinking about the 1st line, there are really just two guys I could see playing there, DSP or Ryan. Etem isn't ready for NHL yet and Palmieri can't play left wing. Winnik and Cogliano just don't fit IMO.

Defence is easier than offence, Fowler and Beauchemin is the top pairing, Sbisa is on the 2nd with Allen or Souray, who fits the best and "leftovers" are the 3rd pairing. Vatanen or Lindholm are the only ones who could break in, and it's pretty hard to say which one could. Vatanen is older and has played against men but he still seems to have some troubles, I would like to see him with Lydman who could look after him and maybe form a same kind of team like Lydman and Visnovsky had. Lindholm seems to be doing good too, very mature considering that he's what 18? Would it be too soon for him? They could both a chance to make it and see if either workout.

Thoughts?

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote