View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 04:27 AM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I haven't seen a single second of the Phantoms. How has Couturier looked offensively? I've been hoping this AHL time during the lockout is doing him wonders for developing his O game at the next level.
In the 5 games I have seen at least 2 periods of, he has looked pretty damn good, he should have had more points but a few times teamates did not finish on easy chances, he has definitely looked the kind of playmaker who was the top assists per game in the junior leagues, and most PPG of draft eligible players 2 years ago, add to that his shot percentage is around 7, compared to his 11.2 last season, and I expect his goals to increase to match such a percentage as the year progresses.

You really notice him every time he is on the ice, and I mean really, the play works around him so often, and he has the puck maybe 35-40% of the time his line is out on the ice.

Also his faceoffs, I do not know the percentage, but it is seemingly above 50%, which considering he was 55% in the Q, but 47% last year (centres usually get about 7% better through first 4 years on average after entering NHL) is very promising.

Only disparaging point about him is he has been trying to hold onto the puck sometimes when easier options are available, but that has been the whole team tbh, and I don't blame him considering how much him and Schenn have carried the team.

Out of 57 points by the Phantoms player, the 'big two' have 21, 37% of all points scored.

Plus, out of 23 goals, I believe those two have been involved in 15 of them! Accounting for 65% of goals having those two involved... and on the ice in another 3-4 (that may be incorrect, I only briefly looked through the boxscores).

Therefore, of the 23 goals, about 18-19 have had one of those two on the ice.

Also:

Schenn: 11 points in 9
Couts: 10 points in 9

Compared to forwards in 'their league.' (ie first rounders or hyped young players)

Granlund: 12 in 8
Eberle: 11 in 9
RNH: 10 in 8
Hodgson: 10 in 9
Niederreiter: 8 in 7
Baertschi: 11 in 9
Johansen: 7 in 8
Henrique: 2 in 8
Kreider: 4 in 7
Girgensons: 4 in 10
Kadri: 3 in 8
Zibanejad: 3 in 9
Burmistrov: 6 in 10

As you can see, they are both doing very well comparatively, especially considering they are pretty much the Phantoms entire offence!

Last edited by Appleyard: 11-04-2012 at 04:46 AM.