View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 05:50 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Its been diagnosed as a concussion and hence he is out 6 days per automatic and will miss the national team games.

But, I don't think there is any reason to worry. The hit was real dirty and unnecessary, but in like the Hagelin on Alfie mold. Lindberg chiped out the puck and in came a really dirty player on HV71 (Per Ledin) and planted an elbow in his face from his blindside.

Lindberg was never out or anything, but it seemed like he got his head rung a bit so to speak. He didn't return. There have been some ugly concussions in Sweden lately and I do think this is just the case of doctors and team trying to do the right thing. After seing how OL looked when he skated off the ice, I thought he would be back for the 2nd period. He looked pretty unaffected.

I am pretty pissed by the reaction in Swedish hockey though. This is in no sense a hockey play or anything, even remotely, else than a intent to give another player a concussion. He hard elbow to the jaw from the blind side. It won't even be reviewed... In that sense the NHL is atleast doing something right, while individual calls can be discussed. Here you will be suspended for a hard hit while sheit like that is let be....
Thanks Ola.

That's encouraging.

Still a tough break. He was off to such a good start.