View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage View Post
Just got back to Boston from the game about 45 mins ago.

Nino made an awesome pass to Cizikas to kickstart the offense. Cizikas buried it backdoor. I kind of wish Nino was more active on the power play than just taking a beating in front of the net. Seems like a waste of his skill. It's like we are training him to replace Moulson. He displayed his power forward ability at one point, when driving to the net. He literally pushed the defender with one hand and knocked him on his arse. And he threw some good hits during the game, towards the end of the game he drew to penalties and should have drawn more slashing calls. I dont know exactly why the Bears were so pissed at him, didnt see him do anything malicious, but one guy slashed Nino in the ankles as he was skating away and it didnt get called. Probably because Nino didnt sell it with any pain and skated away unharmed.

Nelson is awesome. He dominated the offensive zone. He also has a nose for the net and just seems unstoppable when he wants to carry the puck into the area in front of the crease. He also rarely loses a scrum along the boards. He uses his whole body to dig the puck. He needs to do a better job cycling once he digs it out, though. Maybe that's just chemistry.

I really like Landry. He sees the ice very well and makes a great first pass. Not sure how this kid was stuck in the ECHL for so long.

I also like Persson a lot. Big, thick, for his age. Plays with lots of jam, lays the body on people. Threw a hip check like a dman. Some good passes. I see him being a very good 4th liner who can score 10 goals. Just needs to work on his weaknesses and learn his new role.

Saw Kirill as the Section 112 food stand. He was dressed dapper, was with his mom, so I did not want to bug him. A fan came up and said Kirill was his favorite "Islander" due to always talking with the fans. Uh, ok. I don't understand most fan interactions with players. How about telling a joke instead, like, "So Kirill, what magic words should I say to a Russian woman?" The fan asked Kirill how long he will be out for, and Kirill looked at the cast on his hand and said "Uh, I don't know." aka dumb question.
I'm annoyed I couldn't make the game with you. Maybe the Manchester game on Friday?

Anyway, thanks for the analysis. I am really loving what I've seen out of Nelson too. When he fills out, I think he's going to be a beast. We lack size down the middle and he could go a long way in remedying that.