View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 08:55 AM
stocky

vCash: 500
My parents were never very interested in hockey, but they supportet my fanaticism.

I think my older brother played street hockey a lot when I waas really little, and since I wanted to be like him, I picked it up while I was still 4 or 5. My parents supported that. They bought me my first hockey stick one year for christmas and tennis balls were never that hard to find. I inherited skates from my brother, and I would play every day in our culdisac. We also went to the public skates at the local rec center a few times a year. I was pretty decent skater. Even lost a tooth once (luckily a baby tooth)

My first hockey game I remember going to (my dad took me) was a game where my dads friend had a son playing. Other than that I can remember going to a few Missouri River Otters games with him. I played baseball myself growing up. I asked my parents if I could play hockey but it was just too expensive for them. So I had to be content with street hockey, and watching the Blues on TV. I only went to my first NHL game this last season in Anaheim. Planning on more as soon as I get back home!

stocky is offline   Reply With Quote