View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Legionnaire11
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Dad was 13 when the Flyers started in '67 and was a huge fan, though I think he was a little more into watching football and playing basketball. Of course in a town like Philly it's perfectly legit for a kid to be a hardcore fan in 4 sports.

Mom never showed a lot of interest in sports when I was growing up, but now she really enjoys going to Preds games and even shares a season ticket package with my sister.

Neither of them got me into hockey however, I was mostly into baseball in the 80's, then started watching a few hockey games after the '87 finals got me excited. Didn't really get into it until '93 however and then once the Legion of Doom was assembled I was hardcore hockey all the way. Moved to Nashville just before the Preds were awarded, still followed the Flyers with split allegiance, probably went full on Preds around 2000.

My grandfather was the biggest hockey fan in the family before me, he was a Rangers fan since Philly didn't have an NHL team. He told me so many awesome stories about the O6 era. He could take a train to MSG, buy tickets to the game and lunch... all for $5

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote