View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 09:51 AM
pensrule2011

vCash: 500

GM Murray makes first moves before beginning of season

Newly signed players Cam Barker and Gilbert Brule will be a big help to the Devils this season

Yesterday in a press conference held at the Prudential Center to announce some changes to the roster that he had done in his first couple days as GM. He then shocked the media when he announced that he had signed risky free agents Cam Barker and Gilbert Brule, both having had less than par results last season. "I think they both need a second chance," said Murray, "Cam will fit perfectly in the top 4 defensemen slot, while Gil will be great on the third line."

The second and final move he stated at the press conference was a trade. Bryce Salvador and the Devils 2013 third-round pick were traded to Detroit in exchange for 2012 draftee Martin Frk. Frk, 19, was selected in the second-round when he potentially could have been in the first. "He's a player of the future, meaning he needs a little time to develop," Murray told us when we asked about the move, "Bryce asked me to trade him so I complied with what he wanted and got a deal done." Frk will be playing the season in the QMJHL on the Halifax Mooseheads.

This is the lineup going into the start of the 2012-2013 season.

Ilya Kovalchuk "C" - Travis Zajac - Patrik Elias "A"
Adam Henrique - Danius Zubrus - David Clarkson
Matthias Tedenby - Gilbert Brule - Bobby Butler
Vlad Zharkov - Jacob Josefson - Steve Bernier

Henrik Tallinder - Adam Larsson
Anton Volchenkov - Cam Barker
Andy Greene "A" - Marek Zidlicky

Marty Brodeur
Johan Hedberg