View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 10:00 AM
scott99

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Brock Nelson is a special player, I've been saying it for a couple years now. I'm surprised he's stayed so under the radar considering how similar prospects from other systems have gotten much more hype. He's got every tool you want to see in a top prospect, he just needs some seasoning. Fantastic hands on this kid.
People have stated his skating as the only tool missing. And let's not forget, he only had one great college season, he went from being a high school player, to 4th line freshman (solid freshman season), to breakout sophomore season, to Pro, all in a 2 year time period. He needed to mature physically and work on his skating before he could be thought of as a top NHL prospect. He certainly seems like he's following the right path though. I love what he brings to the table. I remember watching him play college hockey last year, and on a power play, right after a face off win, he immediately went right to the front of the net screening the goalie, and I thought to myself, this kid just instinctively gets it. I'm thinking he'll play in the NHL at 6'3" 215, he could be an imposing player in the NHL.