View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Hey fellas, just wanted to test the waters on a pretty outlandish hypothetical trade proposal.

NHL lock out ends, and the season opens with the Winter Classic. The NHL announces the Coyotes are being relocated to Quebec City, and Shane Doan demands a trade, while providing a short list of teams (Dallas, Los Angeles, San Jose, and Vancouver). Would Sharks fans have any interest, at all, in Clowe for Doan, straight across? I only ask because I've seen Clowe take a lot of heat from Sharks fans, and Doan brings a similar game, so would probably be a good fit. Clowe played in the QMJHL and probably wouldn't be quite as violently opposed to playing in QC as Doan would be. Also, brings a similar game. My only hang up is that Doan is older, and his contract might be a little rich for the Sharks. What do you guys think?
sure if pheonix/quebec was willing to pay 5.3 million of doans contract each and every year.

his contract is even worse then prongers contract, atleast the flyers thought when they signed him it wasn't going to be a 35+ contract. there was no reason to sign doan at 35 years old to a 4 year contract.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote