View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 12:14 PM
thedonger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Anyone that said his skating was bad, was looking for a negative in his game. I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that said he didn't possess all the tools to be a blue chip prospect.
from my limited viewing of him in his 1st freshman and sophomore seasons, along with the wjc, i can kind of see why there are some who saw his skating as a weakness...not that i agree.

in his first season, he was all skin and bones and got pushed around pretty easily. in his 2nd season where he broke out, most of his scoring came from crashing the net, great hands and being in the right place at the right time(hockey sense)...not relying on speed per se like kreider. combine that with not quite being a plus skater(but again, not necessarily a weakness), then yeah, i can see where some people are coming from.

i think that now that he's starting to develop some of his man strength, and is becoming stronger and stronger on the puck, the same people will likely not see skating as a weakness. the neat thing is, imo, he has the tools to become a plus skater, just needs to work on strength(which will come) and technique.