View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 11:24 AM
ChadS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...mnar-goteborg/

Article's about Lundqvist but shines some light on the situation for guys like Franzen, Ericsson and Kronwall too. I figure that's why Ericsson is going back to Detroit for at least a month. Basically, you have to spend more time abroad than in Sweden during a 365 day span, i.e. 183+ days or you run the risk of getting huge taxes. We're talking like upwards 60% instead of 15%. Time spent in Sweden during the summer etc. is included in that quota. So in case of a full lockout and signing a contract now, there'd be a risk of having to leave the team before the playoffs are done. The World Champs are also in Sweden in the spring and ends mid May.
Finland has this same rule and that's why guys like Antti Niemi and Jussi Jokinen have gone back to America after playing here for a while. What suprises me is that Filppula is supposed to stay here even though he was in Finland during the summer and played in the WC which was held in Finland as well. They must have it fixed in a way that he doesn't spend the 6 months here because it simply doesn't make sense to pay so much extra taxes.

ChadS is offline   Reply With Quote