View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 12:28 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I agree to a certain extent. He obviously has a ton of talent. What he did in the SEL is basically unheard of for a defenseman his age. Don Maloney has said that is the 2nd best league in the world and Rundblad was the best player in it a couple of years ago. Having said that, he does make me incredibly nervous from a pure asset management standpoint. He and Vermette are all we have to show for a 3rd overall pick. Tikhonov is what we have from a fifth overall pick. And the end of Roszival's NHL career will prove to be the end of the return we had on that eighth overall pick. It's horrifying, and enough to doom most organizations to a decade of futility. Rundblad is so goddamned risky. It makes me nervous as Hell. I can EASILY see him going to way of Bobby Sanguinetti. Only, he's much more likely to simply take off for sweden and never come back. I'd feel much more comfortable with a safer, more limited prospect, to be honest. If he spends an entire season racking up minuses while playing fifteen minutes a night, his trade value will be a third round pick. If he isn't showing huge signs of improvement by game 25, I'd honestly push the panic button, if his league wide trade value is still half decent.
I'd argue that Vermette forTurris alone has been a win for Maloney. Considering how instrumental Vermette was in this franchise winning its first playoff series win since 1987 at worst it's a wash right now. Rundblad was a long-term investment. I'm shocked at how little respect Maloney gets for turning the awful Turris situation into such a great return. Hell a year ago we were being laughed at the very notion we could get Vermette alone for Turris let alone Rundblad and Vermette.