View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 12:25 PM
azaloum90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
So if the owners taking on the make whole was what got the negotiations going.... How come the nhlpa didn't ask the NHL if that was possible 2 frigging weeks ago when the nhl clearly showed that were wiling to budge!!!

Argh this pa is a joke.
NHL waited to use their leverage... Cancelling the Winter Classic
PA waited to use their leverage... Force the NHL to lose a big chunk of revenue by cancelling the Winter Classic...

Both seem to have gotten what they wanted, IMO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopistar View Post
When players speak to media after conference calls and etc, they are TOLD to do that to spin stories and gain PR. I REALLY hope we hear nothing from the PA conference call today, that in itself would be HUGE progress.

Daly and Fehr agreeing on the same press release is also huge!

keep the momentum going!
I agree, this is a good thing. I also believe that ANYTHING that was discussed between those two are the SAME views that Bettman and D.Fehr share. There is no way either one of those individuals are going over their own superiors head, unless there is some plan to oust both of them from their positions, and I don't see that being the case here...
I mean, think about it. Would you hold a secret meeting with a client, only to tell them about your side company and how you can do it so much better? And while doing this, expecting a) the client not to say anything to the company and b) your superior never finding out about this?
Absolutely not. We're on a good road here