View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 12:34 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Lockout negociations seem to be going fine now... we should have a season... so the question would be I guess... is he invited to training camp and can he / should he make the team? Or for a guy that missed a year, is a year dominating juniors and going to the WJC the best things for him.

I'd keep him down. I mean, we're not really better than last year, just more of a ***** to play against with the team being bigger, so Galchenyuk would make us better and make our first round pick worse. We could use a top flight prospect on the wing... so I say he stays down, we draft his future linemate top 5, and NEXT YEAR, they both make the team with Gallagher, and the future comes in. And suddenly, the band of old smurfs is quite young and quite big for Smurfs. Because you have that kid line, and then you have Pacioretty and Cole and Plekanec, and then you have Prust on the bottom 6, and Tinordi would come in on D about that time... nice mix of talent, grit, youth and experience.

I would accept throwing away this, what, 68 games season? It will have an asterisk next to it in record books anyway.