Old
11-04-2012, 01:54 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Was that Michelle Beadle? At least she's a sports person, even though she's doing Entertainment Tonight on NBC now. Hopefully at the Kentucky Derby, she's not interviewing people with hats or wearing an apron.

Fort Larned, Mucho Macho Man both running careers bests yesterday. Kathy Ritvo and Ian Wilkes aren't trainers you hear anything about, but they had their best horses ready to run in the richest race.

RT @DRFPrivman: 117 Beyer Speed Figure for Fort Larned. Believe it. He and Mucho Macho Man freaked. Ran fast over the surface, well clear of the rest. #bc12

There's a rumor Shanghai Bobby bled during the race, which may explain the slow time, which was the slowest in the history of the race.
I just caught the first name "Michelle." The concept to entertain in such a manner is farcical for an hour (much less when you extract the actual race and post-race analysis) broadcast of the Breeders' Cup. But Entertainment Tonight I assume is part of some NBC family of TV? If so, self-promotion would explain that presence -- and her interview with an actress earlier. The Kentucky Derby is a carnival atmosphere and the broadcast lends it self to sideshow antics with discussion of hats and mint juleps and though I agree with you, it has become part of the recreation angle and packaging.

Mucho Macho Man was very impressive in defeat.

Overnight ratings: http://twitter.com/NBCSportsPR

Quote:
Primetime Breeders' Cup Classic in 1st year back on NBC got 2.2 overnight. Overnight is up 83% vs Classic in 2011 not on NBC (1.2).

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-04-2012 at 03:25 PM.