View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Paul4587

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
BB said in an interview that he expects full season on a wing from Cogs and around 15 goals because of that. I think he wants him on top6. He should be able to put up those points if he isn`t throwed around lineup.

Youngsters are getting better, but BB could choose a bit more experienced Cogs and let youngsters develop other assets on bottom 6.

I can see both scenarious, though. Just trying to put together BB thoughts and expressions
Boudreau says a lot of things. When he was with Washington he said he thought Steckel would be a 15 goal scorer in the NHL and that Schultz would be a first pairing defenseman. Cogs could get 15 goals if he was playing in the top 6 all year but right now we have better options (Perry, Palmieri, Selanne & Ryan).

Here is what I would like to see tried going into the season:

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland/Bonino - Selanne
Winnik - Koivu - DSP
Cogliano - Holland/Bonino - Beleskey

It assumes Palmieri can transition to LW but if he can I think that's a decent lineup. I think we're better off trying to get 2 established scoring lines before we try and spread the talent over 3 lines.

If Palmieri can't transition to LW then the talent would probably have to be spread over 3 lines because we're so top heavy at RW:

DSP - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Holland/Bonino - Palmieri
Winnik/Cogs - Koivu - Selanne
Winnik/Cogs - Holland/Bonino - Beleskey

I don't like that lineup because I don't think DSPs offensive game is quite good enough to be playing against other teams top defensive units with the twins and I don't think Selanne is quite good enough to carry a whole line offensively again which he would have to if he was playing with Koivu and Winnik/Cogliano.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote