View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 04:00 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
I included several quotes that had you assuming best-case-scenario development of prospects.
No, you did not.

The closest thing to that would be me saying Schenn and Couturier would become 60-70 point players, which is not equivalent to saying they will reach their potential. Go to the Flyers boards and try to tell them that 65 points is "best-case scenario" for Couturier.

Their potential for both is to be 80-90 point players, I deliberately lowered the threshold to 60-70 points to account for uncertainty. I guess I could have specified that, but I thought it was obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
You're right, no player's future performance is guaranteed, even Crosby and Ovechkin hit bumps in the road. But I believe projecting Plekanec's performance from age 30 to 33 is easier than projecting Teravainen's development from 18 to 21. Plekanec has to maintain performance to help win games. Teravainen has to acquire new skills.

As for Philly... IMO the Carter trade was excellent, the Richards trade was bad and the use of the gained cap space to sign Bryzgalov was terrible. Maybe Schenn becomes a better player than Richards and proves me wrong, but I doubt it.
You're ignoring Wayne Simmonds.

He's 6'2", 24 years-old, he fights, and he just came off a 28 goal, 21 assist season which he produced with second line minutes.

Schenn doesn't need to reach his potential for the Flyers to win the Richards trade, not even close.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote