View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Duke33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
Defense is butt.

Offense is alright. I keep thinking of how they had several opportunities to score a TD today, but messed it up by calling screens, pitches that didn't work, running plays to RG3 which got stuffed (Hey, we're going to have him run to the right! No one will see that coming!)...there were just too many to mention. Penalties, bad offensive playcalling, and crappy defense which allowed a like 70 yard play...when the Panthers were scrimmaging DEEP in Redskins territory. It was the first damn play of that drive, and Edwards just torched everyone.

http://twitter.com/DanHellie/statuse...03878579019776

I said this team had the potential for 7 wins. With another mid-season slump, it looks like this team may go back to 5 wins, or 4.

It's clear that the team doesn't have the weapons RG3 needs. He is doing very well. He has no help at all. His defense is poor, his offense can't make catches, or he's held back by ignorant playcalling obsessed with calling screens and pitches and option plays which DON'T WORK on 3rd down. It's very frustrating for Redskins fans to go through this year after year.
He really said that? Shanahan's best days are far, far behind him. If getting your butt kicked at home by a 1-6 team doesn't convince the few remaining kool aid drinkers who think he still is some kind of genius then I don't know what will.

There was absolutely no game plan on offense today that made any sense. I particularly liked where they had first and goal from the 3 or 4 and couldn't get it in. This with allegedly brilliant offensive coaching minds and a brilliant rookie QB who can't be stopped.

Nice to see the o-line just giving up down the stretch as well, making sure their one good offensive player takes multiple heavy hits down the stretch. And Griffin needs to shut his pie hole and not talk trash when the game's been a butt kicking all day. As the Panther players showed him when he was running his mouth, the scoreboard is what counts.

So let's see this week how the media spin doctors turn this into some kind of "progress" from the great Shanahan.