View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM
WetHog

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
He really said that? Shanahan's best days are far, far behind him. If getting your butt kicked at home by a 1-6 team doesn't convince the few remaining kool aid drinkers who think he still is some kind of genius then I don't know what will.

There was absolutely no game plan on offense today that made any sense. I particularly liked where they had first and goal from the 3 or 4 and couldn't get it in. This with allegedly brilliant offensive coaching minds and a brilliant rookie QB who can't be stopped.

Nice to see the o-line just giving up down the stretch as well, making sure their one good offensive player takes multiple heavy hits down the stretch. And Griffin needs to shut his pie hole and not talk trash when the game's been a butt kicking all day. As the Panther players showed him when he was running his mouth, the scoreboard is what counts.

So let's see this week how the media spin doctors turn this into some kind of "progress" from the great Shanahan.
Have you been living in a hole the last week, or lose power from Sandy? The local media has been anything but a mouth piece for Shanahan. It was all doom and gloom after the Steelers game. And now we will have 2 weeks of the same.

As for a buttkicking, I didn't see that, but what else is new in regards to me not agreeing with you. My definition of a butt kicking is that Monday Night game against the Eagles last year or the year before where Vick and friends completely lit up Landry and the Skins Defense. I saw a Skins team that beat itself today with piss poor defense and undisiplined play that led to multple bad penalties that took TD's off the board or stopped drives. Play calling, especially that Griffin sweep to the short side of the field on 4th and goal, was piss poor as well. A total team loss.

In regards to Shanahan, well yes I would say his seat is starting to get warm. He called out his defense last week to step it up and they didn't even come close. And the bad penalties, especially procedure penalties, fall on him as the HC. So his leadership of his team is in question. If he can't get his team to respond and play with disipline that is not a good sign.

I've said it before and I will say it again, be careful what you wish for in regards to wanting Shanahan fired. There is a very real possibility if Shanahan gets the boot that Uncle Vinny returns, and if he does you can forget about the Skins ever competing for anything but top 5 picks for the foreseable future.

Ultimalety though I think Shanahan sees the end of his 5 year deal.