View Single Post
Old
05-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I really doubt Gainey will do what Edmonton did.A big trade in the off season getting Pronger for a good young defenceman.Adding a player like Peca,then Bob will never trade a first round pick(Rolosson) and the Samsonov deal either simply because at the dealine we got freakin Todd Simpson!Bob dosen't like to trade picks and it's not that bad of a thing but sometimes when you gotta get better you have no choice.

I think we should build a la Anaheim.Try to land a Redden and then just build around him(Niedermayer).Get some guys that wanna play like Pleks,Begin, maybe sign also Langenbrunner and get rid of guys that don't wanna take a big hit,Zednik,Ribeiro,Bulis even Ryder if we have too he clearly did not take the hit in game 6 witch led to the series winner by Stillman.Thats my role model team Anaheim.

They traded ... Federov,Carney,Sykora for Beauchemin,Friessen and what ever else witch I laughed at the time and look now!!!Unreal what guys can do when they wanna play and win..Don't need players like Gretzky