View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 06:09 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
I think the 2 biggest needs in the organization is for a sniper and another premium defenseman - a RH shot being preferable in both cases. It's nice that this draft year seems to be deep in those type of defensemen and a couple of high end snipers.

MacKinnon and Jones are no-brainers. I'm personally very intrigued by Ristolainen the most. I don't think you can pass up Barkov and Monahan if they are there - even though our system looks pretty strong up the middle. If we're picking 5th (our magic number), I'm leaning towards Ristolainen right now. The kid is like an amazing consolation prize if Jones is gone.

I know we drafted like 100 d-men last year, but we only have Mayfield as a premium RD in the system. He's still 2-3 years away, but adding Ristolainen into the system would really set us up. Not all prospects are going to pan out, so I think it's a good idea to hedge your bets since we already have a strong system.

I also like the idea of Shinkaruk because the guy is a proven sniper. I just can't help but think of Jeff Skinner 2.0 with this kid. I prefer a more prototypical power RH RW, but this kid can just bury the biscuit. He just might be too hard to pass up.