View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Capsman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Have you been living in a hole the last week, or lose power from Sandy? The local media has been anything but a mouth piece for Shanahan. It was all doom and gloom after the Steelers game. And now we will have 2 weeks of the same.

As for a buttkicking, I didn't see that, but what else is new in regards to me not agreeing with you. My definition of a butt kicking is that Monday Night game against the Eagles last year or the year before where Vick and friends completely lit up Landry and the Skins Defense. I saw a Skins team that beat itself today with piss poor defense and undisiplined play that led to multple bad penalties that took TD's off the board or stopped drives. Play calling, especially that Griffin sweep to the short side of the field on 4th and goal, was piss poor as well. A total team loss.

In regards to Shanahan, well yes I would say his seat is starting to get warm. He called out his defense last week to step it up and they didn't even come close. And the bad penalties, especially procedure penalties, fall on him as the HC. So his leadership of his team is in question. If he can't get his team to respond and play with disipline that is not a good sign.

I've said it before and I will say it again, be careful what you wish for in regards to wanting Shanahan fired. There is a very real possibility if Shanahan gets the boot that Uncle Vinny returns, and if he does you can forget about the Skins ever competing for anything but top 5 picks for the foreseable future.

Ultimalety though I think Shanahan sees the end of his 5 year deal.
Danny cannot be that stupid. I doesn't have to be one or the other. I have generally been supportive of the Shanahans but my patience is running thin. The offensive play calling today was atrocious. You have a smart, accurate, and mobile QB, you have an RB running for almost 6 yards a pop, no turnovers, and you struggle this badly to score? I don't care how bad our receivers are, that is on the play calling.

As for the future leadership of this organization, I fire Shanny as President and Allen as token GM. Shanny can leave if he chooses or stay on as coach, if the new GM is willing to keep him on. I then hire an established GM out of work (like Bill Polian) or a highly regarded assistant GM somewhere and get the hell out of his way. While our first round picks have been decent, rounds 2-4 have been generally atrocious. I'm not sure that we have hit on one of them in 3 drafts.