View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Degeneration Rex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
This is a very deep draft, top heavy as well.

Out of the players I've seen, depending on how the lottery goes, this is who I'd like to see the Islanders target:

Seth Jones - Has everything you think of when you describe the perfect defenseman. Doesn't have a mean streak, but is capable of big hits and uses his body effectively without putting himself out of position. Everything else is elite - shot, skating, IQ, equally adept offensively and defensively. Lock to go top 2 and MacKinnon must be special to be ranked ahead of Jones at this point.

Curtis Lazar - he's your everything forward. Great two-way player with a nasty shot and leadership skills. He's physical and the type of player you win championships with.

Sean Monahan - Similar to Lazar, but lacks his shot, a bit bigger in size, and less of a standout in terms of physical play. Nevertheless, he's a very smart player, always working hard no matter where the play is and is always in the right position. Good two-way and leadership skills, could be a JT-lite.

Rasmus Ristolainen - He has the right tools - size, skating, shot, good IQ. I've only seen him in international competitions last year, but it seems as his development is right on track this year from all reports.

Ryan Pulock - Huge shot and just a dynamic offensive player from the backend. Defense is good, don't get me wrong, but this kid will make his living as an offensive dynamo. He's a scoring machine and has great hockey sense. Skating is good, not great, but all offensive tools are top notch.

Jonathan Drouin - I haven't had the pleasure of watching him yet, but from all indications he's a riser and an offensive wizard. If the Isles get a chance to select him, I think he would finally give JT a future linemate on the same skill level.
Excellent list, good info Konk,