View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I think its a stretch to call Backlund a 'great' 2-way center at this point, but regardless I know what you meant. I'm not saying let's ship Backlund out either, but if you look at available spots in our lineup someone needs to be the odd man out. I to would not of signed Stemps even though I like him, I don't think that move made any sense. My main point is, if season starts up and Horak is clearly out performing Backlund, I would be pissed if Horak was returned to the Heat due to a numbers game.

I mostly wanted to see what would acceptable value be for Backlund to our fanbase if that scenario plays out.

I think a Sven-Backlund-Horak line would be a great idea. However 1-2 trades would need to be made IMO to roll with that as a 3rd line.

Tangs Cammy Iggy
Glencross Cervenka Hudler
Sven Backlund Horak
Comeau Stajan Jackman/Stemps

That's also not even counting Jones. Then there's guys like Bouma, Nemisz and Aliu.
If that's the case, then it would be far more prudent for the Flames to move Stempniak or Comeau or Jones instead. There's no rule against that prevents the team from having two centre prospects on the roster at the same time.

In any case, since Horak's success has come on the wing, there may be no real competition between the two.

Plus, with Backlund having a fantastic start in the SEL, a league that's arguably better than the AHL, the premise of this thread isn't really applicable anymore.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote