View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 06:44 PM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
As he should.

I wish he was more determined to make money and to win championships. He's pretty wishy-washy about it. He seems to equate owning the team with being a winner.
i kind of wonder what the long term reaction to a florida marlins like scenario would be here. go for broke for a championship, win it and then financially collapse under the weight of the go for broke strategy.

its easy to say you would happily put up with a decade of islanders like play AFTER winning a cup. three or four years into it, though it gets ugly.

iirc the blackhawk faithful have already run out of patience.

btw....the demand for championships describes the flyers. they dont get those cups. they get a lot of dead, burnt bodies left in the wake of the failure. its a constant thrashing that IMO works at least as hard against them as for them. sometimes i get the feeling that some fans want ted to prove his demand for championships by firing after failure.

my experience from hearing professionals with the flyers experience on their resume is that most are excited to go and relieved to escape alive.
post flyers life is very often far better. ask jeremy roenick or joni pitkanen or steve eminger for starters.

Last edited by txpd: 11-04-2012 at 06:50 PM.