View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 10:42 PM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
The MLS superdraft is useless anyway they seriously need to get rid of it. This is soccer here not remotely close to any north american sport.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The thing is, unlike hockey, you aren't going to find your stars in the draft, because almost all high end talent that isn't American isn't coming out of the NCAA system and unlike hockey where talent pools are limited and so it's easy to keep track of every elite prospect in the world, the MLS draft is near-useless for non-NCAA talent. I really can't take the MLS draft seriously.

I mean look at Felipe, he's more talent than most drafted players and was found from smart scouting.

Wenger is actually the perfect type of player to find with a top pick in the draft, he fills an immediate role and isn't like to get a huge offer to bolt to Europe right away. You aren't going to draft an Alex Galchenyuk in the MLS SuperDraft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
No idea why I said Will Bruin
Well he did score a nice goal later....and guess what? He was an MLS draft pick last year and led Houston in goals this year (and woulda led MTL)...not to mention 3 so far in MLS playoffs.