View Single Post
Old
11-04-2012, 11:00 PM
CerebralGenesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
Don't kid yourself -- the Columbus Blue Jackets were another target of Canadian relocation since the moment they opened their doors. With a very few exceptions every franchise created in the United States since the early 90's is. Canadians reacted to the departure of the Jets Mk. 1 and the Nordiques in much the manner of a child who has his toy taken away, and the tantrum never really fully stopped.

Nevermind that just one generation earlier that same fan was talking just as disparagingly about the Western Canadian teams. It took the WHL to break that particular bit of nonsense. I wonder what it'll take to break this bizarre Canadian exclusivism when it comes to the NHL.
A Canadian and American Conference with 2 divisions in each. I don't want to make it a "them versus us" thing, but I'm sure they'd love to see a situation like that every year since it is "their game". That's many moons and many galaxies far away though.

Assuming they the league returns to action soon and doesn't kill off growth, I'm still wagering for expo teams in 4 years or so. Especially if they enact that strange conference/division pseudo alignment where 2 of the divisions have more teams in them to compete against.

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote