Old
11-05-2012, 12:20 AM
diceman934

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whydidijoin View Post
o·pin·ion

noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

Grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. Not no grounds at all.

On a discussion forum, the burden for proof is only intensified. And things written as statements are taken as facts unless otherwise stated.

This wouldn't even be as much of a problem if you presented things you say as opinion, not facts or statements. Next time, try saying "My opinion is...".

I hope this clears this up.

So when you posted that no GM has ever been totally responsible for winning the Stanley Cup, that you presented it as a fact? As it was not proceed by "in my opinion"

Or when you made this comment
Quote:
The fact that you are using the KHL, who play a totally different style and use a different scoring system, is laughable.
So I will wait while you support your fact based statement that the KHL uses a different scoring system.