Keep Burke or not if it was your choice?
View Single Post
11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
LINT must go!
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NHL player factory
Originally Posted by
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
4. Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
5. a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
Grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. Not no grounds at all.
On a discussion forum, the burden for proof is only intensified. And things written as statements are taken as facts unless otherwise stated.
This wouldn't even be as much of a problem if you presented things you say as opinion, not facts or statements. Next time, try saying "My opinion is...".
I hope this clears this up.
So when you posted that no GM has ever been totally responsible for winning the Stanley Cup, that you presented it as a fact? As it was not proceed by "in my opinion"
Or when you made this comment
The fact that you are using the KHL, who play a totally different style and use a different scoring system, is laughable.
So I will wait while you support your fact based statement that the KHL uses a different scoring system.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by diceman934