Old
11-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
True. Personally, I'd be THRILLED if BOTH of these guys showed they were legit NHL point producers. That would pretty much completely eliminate the potential blow of losing Koivu to retirement.

I just don't know what BB has in mind for Holland next year if he gives Bonino the 2C job. Does anyone think they'd play Holland on the 4th line? I know they said they wanted to roll 4 lines. Hopefully the competition will be because Bonino and Holland both prove to be solid options; not because both of them prove to be not ready for second line center work.
They could put Holland on the wing, until he either surpasses someone at pivot, or until a spot opens up. If Holland keeps playing like this in the AHL, I think he'll give Anaheim a pretty good reason to find room for him. As much as he could put the minutes and responsibility to good use, you'd really like to see a good prospect producing for your team; not some other team. At any rate, Holland has a pretty versatile toolbox, so I'd expect him to be able to handle the wing for a while.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote