View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 01:13 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I really think that one if the most valuable things that the Lu trade brings to the table is cap space. If Hemsky is the return, and ends up being injured or w/e..we can sign or aquire somebody else. Gillis is a master of the LTIR. I'm a bit fuzzy in the rules, but since players don't get paid for the playoffs...does the salary cap still count? Because if not, you can return Hemsky to the line up for the playoffs...I mean at the end of the day, that's really what we need thd guy for. The team itself does quite well as is during the regular season, it needs more scoring depth for the Playoffs.

I too would be interested in MPS. I think under Vancouver's system he would really thrive and become a great player. Lots of players don't break out until their mid twenties. Hell, Blake Wheeler just broke out this season(he's 24) and he was drafted 5th overall.
I don't think the cap counts once the playoffs roll around, but my opinion doesn't change of Hemsky. He could be injured in the Regular Season, comeback in the playoffs, and just get injured again since the physical aspect of the game is amped up. The Canucks could use a player like Hemsky when healthy. He's going to be hard-pressed to help us score when injured. Like I said, I'd prefer not getting Hemsky in a Luongo deal (unless we can get a MPS/Hartikainen with him) because of Hemsky's injury history, and Luongo's ability to make a bad team like EDM good.

I wouldn't mind MPS, but he'd be put in a role like Kassian last year with very few minutes to slowly groom him to become a better player. AV does this for basically every young player he's had, and I'm sure Jensen will see 3rd line minutes if he makes the team next year too. Thing is, are we comfortable with having Kassian and MPS in the bottom 6, especially in the playoffs? What happens to Malhotra, Weise etc?