Thread: Speculation: Your Opinion of Burke Thread
View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 01:21 AM
rdawg1234

vCash: 500
I would keep him yes.

If I were to rate him up until now I'd give him a 7.5/10.

he's built the defensive prospects up VERY well, the d-core is going to be really good within a couple years.

I dont know how anyone can say a top3 of Phaneuf, Reilly and Gardiner won't be able to match up against most if not all teams out there(if they reach their potential). Add in a shutdown d-man there and that's one of the best top 4's in the league IMO.

he's done a decent job of building the wings, Kessel is a great supporting elite star, JVR was great trade considering our defensive depth, lupul was a solid pickup.

He's done a mediocre job down the middle though, grabo is a solid #2 C, but I give him one more year to get that #1 C before I start getting mad.

Goaltending is always hard to predict, but I wouldnt say he's done all that well, in fairness I have a feeling Luongo is coming our way which I think is fantastic(gives us 3-4 years to find a true long-term #1 guy plus it possibly gives us deep playoff potential ).

I would've rated him higher if he didn't mess up in his first year, he definitely misjudged the team at first trading those picks and such, but after that he has added alot of prospects and I've never seen the marlies so stacked!

Still though I knew this year would be huge, with so many contracts being freed up and a couple big names going to UFA(Perry/Getz) I really want to see what he does with alot of room next summer. After that I'll make a full judgement on whether to get rid of him.