Thread: GDT: The lockout thread
View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 02:49 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I don't understand what you mean by the bolded. I'm on nobody's side, both sides make sense to me. I think the real crux of the matter is that there are too many teams in failed locations and the CBA run-around will not stop until that stops. I think the players know it too, their position will only get worse and worse as these few teams accumulate more debt due to not being economically viable.
That has more to do with the NHL being more gate driven than anything.

What happens when the Canadian dollar falls again (it will happen).

Then EDM,OTT,CAL,WINN are all in trouble again....

PHX and ATL are about the only example's of really piss poor location.

The NHL does not have a Billion Dollar (yearly) T.V. deal to hide failed Franchises like the MLB/NFL does.

The JacksonVille Jags have ZERO FANS. But it still makes money.

The only way to solve that issue is, contraction (Which nether side wants to do).

Side NOTE.

The other thing to remember is ; the owners losing money are not the driving force behind this (Personal view).

The people driving this are; TOR,MTL,BOS,PITT,PHI,NYR. Those owners DO NOT want to subsidize the league. The only Reason teams like the Yankees/Redsox are ok doing that in MLB; is because the luxury tax is a drop in the bucket for them.

The Yankees make about 300 million off the Yes network yearly. Same for the Redsox(their own cable Deal), they don't care about the 60 million they are shoving into the luxury tax system.

The NHL owners DON"T WANT THAT. Most importantly they can't afford it.

Last edited by damacles1156: 11-05-2012 at 06:45 AM.