View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 02:35 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Now this is all a great and inspiring hope for us Habs fans, but we have to also temper our expectations. Let him grow without the weight of the world on his shoulders - UNLESS - he ACTUALLY wants those expectations. Maybe he does have the drive to be a STAR. He has been very firm and adamant about his desire to be NOTHING but an NHL star. Point here is that he is good, but not to expect him to be a 100 point star right out of junior.
I don't think its safe to expect him to score 100pts, ever. Its possible but league scoring is going down, the chance is perhaps if he has a long career and theres a couple of high scoring years + good Habs teams at the right time. Otherwise he'll give us many seasons in the 65pt and 85pt range playing solid two way hockey I'm sure.

I think good expectations for his first season would be 40-50pts. I'd be surprised if he gets 60 as a rookie on our team. For that he'd basically need to be used as our main offensive force right away and paired with our best wingers. Perhaps if we sign Corey Perry or another star forward (which certainly won't happen).