View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Our tandem is very similar to Coleman and MacDonald..aside from the fact that both of those goalies had arguably the best D group in the OHL in front of them. Once Mark realized he couldn't win with that tandem he made a move...I think you'll see something similar this year..and the move could be getting someone they don't even have to pay for. Bailie and Patterson aren't going to lead you to the promised land as a tandem.
Ah finally somebody singing my song. You are right, they are a lot like the aforementioned tandem, and what happened that year? I can only hope that if we are serious about making a run we go get a top flight goalie cuz we sure don't have one on our roster. Yes they have done ok blah blah, and so did Coleman and MacDonald blah blah, but if you want to go far you need a stellar tender.
I was at the Guelph game and thought that Patterson played very well. No complaints and I'll be honest I just haven't seen enough of him to know if he 'could' be that guy. (what, has he played like 7 or career OHL games?) Now Baile is a different story. Horrible rebound control, cant stand his sluggish style and there is plenty enough of a sample to know that he aint our guy.
Prediction: Remi Elie will be a first round NHL pick. (currently some agencies have him as high as 2nd round). This kid is awesome. Gets better every game!