View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 07:33 AM
jagrgodr

vCash: 500
Jagr does look really really good, very quick and strong on the puck. He looks very VERY confident and he is shooting, so that means he is happy and healthy.

I would say that there is a 50/50 chance he could produce at PPG or better for Dallas. I think his skill and fitness level are good enough for a PPG, but i think he will suffer a few injuries from the physical play of the NHL. I just don't see Jagr putting up a full season, i would guess he is good for 60 games in a full season. I just have a feeling that he will be getting hit a bunch more once he re-enters the NHL.

With that being said, him going to the West coast is a good strategy for him. When teams are familiar with Jagr they seem to shut him down with ease. So many east coast teams know how to prepare for Jagr, and with the Flyers it was just too easy since they used 4 full lines instead of sticking to a few good ones. When they rolled 4 lines, opposing teams best defense were always well rested when Jagr and Giroux's like came out. If Dallas tries to roll maybe 3 lines and use Jagr's line for most of the game, even at Jagr's age he can still produce. That is what Jagr is doing now on Kladno, he is carrying the team.

But like i said, if you give Jagr +22 minutes a game there is a higher chance of injury since the NHL is more physical.

Another thing to consider, i wonder if most of Jagr's current opponents in the Czech league must see him as a national icon and are probably not defending him or playing him as physical as most players. I mean could you imagine if Gretzky was from Czech republic and he was playing in his 40's in his last years, would defenders, probably growing up idolizing him, really give their all to defend against Jagr when he is possibly one of the most important sports player born recently in the country. I really wonder if that has a part in his current success.

edit: I just ordered the jersey from ebay, can't wait :-D

You can also get a helmet with a cross on it!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Helmet-RYTIR...item19d6736a72

Last edited by jagrgodr: 11-05-2012 at 07:54 AM.
jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote