View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
I don't think he was a steal , although i believe he was a good pick . This was a deep draft and it pushed him into the 2nd round .

I believe he's a Gunner type of player in the sense that he's smart and does alot of things well but nothing great .
This is what I would have typed.

The fact he is a "steady eddy" type reliable player is main reason he fell out of the first round.. This more for being a safe, well rounded player, as opposed to teams swinging for the fences in the 1st round looking for those elite skills in one area where a player excels.

A lot of junior players have the early feel of a Matt Finn at this level, its not uncommon.. Former Leaf Brendan Bell an example of a well rounded OHLer that captained the Ottawa 67's back in the day and that excelled similarly..

Quote:
ie Brendan Bell's 2002-03 accolades;

2002-03 - Ottawa 67's - OHL .............. 55 games 14 goals 39 assists 53 points 46 pims +50
2002-03 - Ottawa 67's - OHL Playoffs .. 23 games 8 goals 19 assists 27 points 25 pms

- CHL Defenseman of the Year
- CHL First All-Star Team, OHL First All-Star Team
- OHL Most Outstanding Defenseman "Max Kaminsky Trophy"
- U20 WJC Silver Medal
We would be fortunate to have the next Carl Gunnarsson here in the making with this pick.. You really don't know what you will get when the final product is fully developed, when using projections to a similar style former player.

Mess is offline   Reply With Quote