View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 09:05 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Whatever dude, my original argument was in regards to people harping on Button....all I was getting at was that I didn't see anything wrong with what he was saying. The second quote in the thread you indicated above was exactly that.

BTW, I'm taking it that you dont do very well in Vegas. Maybe you could change your name to Nostrodamus since you see things better than anyone using actual logic.
I don't give a flying rats ass what your argument was. I responded to just a portion of that argument and have stuck to only that portion. If you want to continue harping about Button, go ahead, I have not, nor will I, be dragged into a debate about him.

I guess since you've done ******** to debate my point here and can only be bothered with a wasteful dig at me, calling me Notradamus, that I can safely say my point is made. Thanks. If however you honestly think that a team not winning a cup for 44 years equates to them not having future playoff success, or even an expectation of that playoff success, maybe you can go look at the NYR's in 1994.

When you say later on in the thread that teams success can be predicted on recent history, such as the past 4-5 years, you are likely correct there. That'd be because often a large portion of the roster played all of those years, such as is the case with the Kings looking at guys like Kopitar, Brown, Doughty, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Or..........EVER??

95% of all so-called hockey experts would of had teams like the Red Wings, Penguins, Boston and even a team like Vancouver winning the cup before Los Angeles. Somebody explain to me why that is if they aren't basing their judgement on past accomplishments.
Maybe because all of those teams are great teams in their own right and all but one is an Eastern Conference team, which is viewed a lot more often than teams on the West, such as LA? And maybe because the only team that isn't an East coast team is Vancouver, which is in Canada and as such as still viewed by a lot of those hockey experts, seeing a large portion of hockey experts reside in Canada? No, that wouldn't have anything to do with it.

I find it hard to fathom someone can be this off base as to think what goes on 40 years ago can impact a teams ability to win the cup today. I guess we can assume because you stuck a penny in a light socket when you were seven that you will likely do it again at 47, huh?

I agree with the others, troll posting at its finest here.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 11-06-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: filter circumvention