View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Getzo5
The Punisher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Found a recent Swift Current game online, will make a short scouting report on Black and Scarlett later this weekend.

Beauty of a post.

How dare you not to be pessimistic about him? Blasphemy I say.
Better late than never. Broncos played against Everett with Murray in the lineup.

Scarlett looks more seasoned, poised, positionally sound. Was out there on every PP. Not as good of a puck mover as Merrill but his vision and hockey sense in the formation (when/where to pass, knows when to take a shot too, what type of a shot he should take) is great. He`s a solid skater so 1-on-1 or getting the puck out of the zone wasn`t an issue for him. As for the negatives, he still needs to get stronger, especially in front of the net and in the corners.

As for Black, I was VERY impressed with him. Great hockey IQ, two-way play, knows when/how to use his blazing speed, quick hands and what I liked the most, he was very creative/inovative. Not just the way he was distributing the puck but also the way he was finalizing the plays (shot, deke, forward pass, blindside pass). Definitely one of the best three players on the ice that day. No wonder he was invited to the camp.

Found another game online - Armada`s loss to Moncton. Not one of the better Matteau`s games, but again, not everything shows up on the statsheet so I`m happy for the opportunity to see him play anyway.

Don`t have much time right now though, don`t expect me to make a short report anytime soon.