Old
11-05-2012, 10:26 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
And if the NHL accepts what ever the players want, precedent is set that you can only get what you want once?? How many times has the NHL cut back the years to UFA status? How about RFA rights? The only thing the players can "give up" is money. Everything else always comes from management in the way of contract rights. This whole precedent arguement makes no sense...because then the NHL would be giving up nothing this time....

If you and your wife didn't have sex last nite, and she says no tonite, does that mean your not going to get any tomorrow? And that you should keep her up tonite until you do?
Put yourself in both parties shoes. I know as a player or a worker since I'm not an NHL player that if I went for a new contract every 5 years I took a pay cut then I would look for other work. I'm supposed to get paid more money as I get older because there will come a time where I can no longer work and the way I work is supposed to be more important as the years go by. If you don't understand legal precedent and how lawyers work then my argument is completely lost on you. These guys don't just throw crap on the wall and see if it sticks. At one point in time the players made dick. The owners had complete control and players worked regular jobs in the offseason. Over the years the system has changed drastically, you are seeing athletes be able to afford to buy stakes in teams because they made so much money so the relationship went from boss-employee to financial partners. The owners want to make more money, the players make too much money so you have a lockout where neither side can afford to budge. If you sign another CBA where there are roll backs are you saying there is no reason to expect more rollbacks the next time the CBA expires?