View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Ginu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so we are discussing the near future here or 2-3 years down the road or what? How about acquiring some size? How about drafting them? You still have Bourque right who was suppose to be that top 6. And while I'm all for size, I'm also all for success. If the team ends up winning with one bigger line and maybe another small one, who cares about the overall size of it. I'd concentrate on success and not size, as of today, 'cause you have to work with what you have....right now.
Well didn't we try what you just suggested? Didn't we finish 15th in the Eastern Conference last year? It's very easy to go on about "how abouts" and "what ifs". You're talking hypothetically. It would be nice but it's not the case.

Quote:
So what's wrong with my post? DD and Pleks are top 2. Gally starts #3. So that point of yours was suppose to prove how wrong I was and yet you agree with me. 'Cause everybody can't play with Cole and Pacioretty. DD shouldn't play with both of those guys 'cause it affects the size of the team. Gally should be insulated with good players....are you talking about them? And I guess Pleks deserve great linemates...are we talking about them as well? 'Cause if you play DD on the wings...on which wing? Gally? Will that really help him? A guy who never played that position or rarely? With Pleks? A passer to a passer but I'd guess you'd have MaxPac with them...and what Cole with Gally and Gio? Hey maybe...still don't believe in DD on the wings...But I'd suggeset going slow on Gally's development making DD and Pleks for now, ideal on top 2.
Umm how about Eller? He is on the team and has size. It's about what's best for the team overall. Eller plays better at center. If we have a lot of centers, we can try our smaller centers on the wing. I'd rather have Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Eller as our top 3 centers with Desharnais on the wing. He can shift to center if someone gets thrown out of the circle or one of those guys gets injured. It gives us depth.

Quote:
Geez, and I'm supposed to lack reading comprehension. I did mention that wingers who are that small and work offensively on the wings have an extraordinairy quality whether it's tremendous offensive abilities or being tremendously strong la Martin St-Louis. And everybody is still bigger and taller than DD. People talk about DD being unable to face tougher challenge and failing at defensive work because of it, I fail to see DD winning his battles along the board as well which is always one of our toughest challenge. I also liked to see my distributor at center and my shooters on the wings. Hey, I guess everything can happen. My opinion is that it won't work. Some people didn't see playing Spacek playing on his other side to be that big of a deal and it was.
One of DD's strengths is winning battles along the boards. He's very smart. He won so many pucks behind the opposition's net last year. Centers have to team up against other team's #1 centers. Do you see DD winning any of those physical battles in front of our net? I don't think so. Poor guy will get creamed.

Quote:
The day you have those guys at center, it means you are a very good team. You take Gally slowly at center and show him the way. But hey, no we have to rush people here. I also didn't say that we keep it like that for 10 years but let's pretend I did...Being a great young player has nothing to do with how fast you were chosen at the draft. When Patrice Bergeron or Joe Thornton started their career, they started it on the 4th line. Didn't last long but that how it started.
You can repeat this all you want. There's no chance that those 4 guys will play center for us together on 4 lines.

Quote:
Yes, it does when you realize that the point is "depth at CENTER".
You can have depth at center by shifting some centers to the wing.

Quote:
Not sure how that makes sense. Leblanc has more on him to be a winger from his ability to protect the puck to his, I think, ability to rush the net at least more than DD.
DD can protect the puck too. All I'm saying is try him out. It gives us better depth.

Quote:
And have you been reading? I said I see nothing wrong in trying him. I just mention that I don't believe it will work. Thing is, people are so sensitive in maybe seeing if Plekanec can be traded that whether it's in this thread or another, I do see people wanting to get rid of DD. Has nothing to do with sensitivity.
Because we don't need to trade Plekanec. He's the only center we have with experience. I'm not saying get rid of DD either. I'm saying keep him but we need to be flexible. However, you are the one suggesting to trade one of our centers. If we have Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Eller with Desharnais on the wing, we're solid. Trevor Timmins is doing a great job as it is with the guys we have. If we can draft some big forwards this summer we'll be solid.

Think about this:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Desharnais (two big forwards who can score with Desharnais who's a great passer; Galchenyuk can play wing as well so these two interchanging off the rush would be stellar)
Bozon / Hudon - Plekanec - Collberg (two scorers with our best passing center)
Leblanc - Eller - Gallagher (great two-way line that can score goals)

That doesn't even fit in Kristo, Bournival and Holland. I really want a powerhouse left winger this draft. A Hartnell type would round that group out very nicely but a Shinkaruk will do wonders too.

Last edited by Ginu: 11-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote