Thread: Proposal: Matt Duchene for Morgan Rielly
View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Ah ok then, instead the Avs then offer 7th round pick, Colin Smith.

Considering how GREAT he's playing this year in JUNIOR, should be a great deal, right.

For the record, I'm one of Morgan Rielly's biggest fans and supporters, I DO believe he was the best d-man from the draft, (had him ranked #2 overall) and I firmly believe he'll be a top pairing d-man, perhaps even a 'Franchise D-man'. However, there are no guarantees that will happen and when you compare him with a kid that's already done what Duchene has done in his first 3 years as a pro and the potential he still has to develop, it's not close for now.

Call me crazy, but my belief is that when Morgan Rielly actually does start playing for the Leafs, he's going to do so well his first few years that Leaf fans will consider him untouchable...kinda like Avs fans feel about Matt Duchene!!! OMGZZ?!?!???! [well, those that understand that what you see as an 18,19,20 year old isn't necessarily the same thing that you're gonna get once a player hits 25-26 years of age lol]

I'll ask again, show me ONE player that has done what Duchene has done as an 18+19 year old (122 pts in 2 seasons) that has gone on to become a HUGE bust that couldn't put up points at that level again that wasn't due to serious injury.

There's a lot of great insight in this post. ALL of the information is there and there's absolutely nothing misleading in there at all. Bravo!
Care to argue the facts? Why has his play regressed? There are a ton of small centers that skate well and put up 50 points a year. Right now -- that is what he is.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote