View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Dark Passenger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
Are you trying to suggest that trading away picks when you're rebuilding is a silly thing to do?

Yea, there are a few guys I would have loved to grab. Malcolm Subban being near the top of the list. We have a number of guys who I'm REALLY hoping get sold off at the deadline this year. Lombardi, Connolly, and MacArthur for sure, I don't think any of them have a spot in the longterm plans. If we did that we could probably nab a top goalie prospect and another prospect. And then Bozak/Lupul depending on contract negotiations, I could see it worth our while to keep both of them but don't want to see either walk for nothing. We're not even remotely close to contenders, no point in holding onto pending UFAs.
Agree with this. Really would have liked to see us move some depth at the deadline to stockpile some additional picks in the 2nd to 4th round range. Some decent depth in the draft last year and some good value available in the range mentioned above. Also, we have some youngsters like Kadri, Frattin, and Ashton, who could easily step in and replace the likes of Lombardi, Connolly and McArthur. Now...whether we could actually move those players for picks is another story.

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote