View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Bert Marshall days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
So I proudly wore my Tavares Jersey as I rode the LIRR from NHP station to the Barclays Center for the Nets home opener...

Very positive response, tons of people on the train taking an interest and asking me questions. At the game it spurred quite a few conversations and comments. Brooklynites are going to embrace this team, every European I saw at the game was asking me about the Islanders and can't wait for the team to get there. I even got a few rangers fans telling me wearing it to a Nets game was inappropriate. I am pretty sure I was the only Isles jersey in the arena.

The arena itself is GORGEOUS, Upper deck is a bit steep, which creates a great feeling of being on top of the action, but might take some getting used to for a hockey game. Corner upper deck reminded me of when I saw a Raptors game in Toronto, but better... more intimate.

It's not the coliseum but i don't think sitelines will be a problem for the reduced seats.

The challenge is going to be making the place "home" I have a bad feeling it's going to have a feel similar to seeing the Nets/Devils at the Izod.

I hear ya. I wore an Islanders shirt to see RUSH at Barclay's 2 weeks ago. Lots of positive comments on the train and in the arena.

That's just it as this team will get more exposure/self advertising just from fans riding the trains showing the logo/colors and travelling throughout the tri-state area to get to the games as opposed to just going by car to NVMC and having just those fans attending the game see the Isles apparel. Hell they already were fans but now many new potential fans will be reached just by the sheer volume of people in the city and riding trains being made aware.

The sightlines will be great and it might take a while but the arena is so intimate it will feel like home before too long.