Thread: Did STAN GOOF?
View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
well -Rensfeldt now has 17pts in 19GP and is now tied for 8th in the ALLSVENSKAN points race...among those he is tied with in points is ANZE KOPITAR (though he has played 3more games than Kopitar) ...

My point is that sure you can knock the Allsvenkan League --but still considering Rensfeldt started the season slowly and on lower lines-since they have moved him to CENTRE their top line and now is featured on the PP --he has accelerated his scoring and they are winning more games ---all young players ask is to be given a chance and put in roles that best suit their abilities--obviously playing on a better line has helped Rensfeldt but so too has he been a catalyst for the top line now in Malmo...
As success grows so to usually does a player's own confidence...Whatever the results for him now look a lot better...This unsderscores my point that STAN GOOFED
because even if on the Hawks there is NO ROOM to use a big guy like Rensfeldt at Centre on the top line and PP --and EVEN IF he could not challenge in future for the 2C role OR they do not see him as a future NHL winger--the FACT is --IF he is successful in the ALLSVENSKAN --at CENTRE--you can bet some NHL teams will come a calling--and so for STAN to let him go FOR NADA --not keeping a potentially useful TRADE ASSET even if he doesn't fit our system in the role he may be best at, to me IS A TERRIBLE GM GOOF...

So I repeat -STAN's sins on this are:

1. Gave up on the kid too early..did not give him even a chance...
2. May not have envisaged correct role and position for Rensfeldt.
3. Certainly goofed on giving up what now looks like an asset for trade even if our vaunted brain trust cannot see where he would fit among the plethora of vaunted pipeline assets they do see challenging for NHL jobs with us in the correct roles ..

THE KEVIN HAYES (when he signs) + KENT SIMPSON assets
will ALSO have to excell the alternative of BROCK NELSON (NYI prospect now in the AHL) + RENSFELDT (who may still get to the NHL for some team -but of course not us because i) STAN willnever admit he goofed letting Resnsfeldt go free and ii) Rensfeldt will hate the Hawks forever for refusing to sign him and thus implying they had made some huge drafting mistake. My own picks to click for the 24th pick and30th pick of the 2010 draft (Nelson and Rensfeldt ) I still think willvindicate my evaluation of what we coulda shoulda done --we got Rensfeldt anyway at #35--but STANBO then casts him adrift 2 years later and we get NADA and a wasted pick for that 35th selection--GM's should NOT BE THIS STUPID --so STANBO had better hope HAYES and SIMPSON come through big for him ,else his hockey reputation goes into the stinkpile.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote