View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
incuthrice07
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Boot Punch for Nexus 800?

I've got the Bauer Nexus 800's and I'm having some major foot pain on the bone on the outside of my right foot (opposite side of the arch). Left foot pain isn't as bad as right foot in that spot. I'm wondering if a boot punch will fix this issue. I've skated in them 4 times now and I can barely stand on my feet after the 1st period. I'm flat footed and wear a size 8.5 in shoes and got a size 6.5 D in the Nexus 800's because I was swimming in a size 7.

I put in some Graf Sidas Footbeds to help with arch support. I've also tried keeping the laces loose in the mid-foot but tight around the ankle but that didn't seem to help very much, either. And my heel was all over the place when I tried that.

I got the Nexus line because they say they require barely any break-in and are instantly comfortable but I'm not finding that to be true. Is this the wrong shape boot for my foot? I was in the 8090's prior to these and absolutely loved them (although I was wearing a size 8.5 D in these with 2 footbeds in each skate!).

Will a boot punch fix the problem? Any other tips?

incuthrice07 is offline   Reply With Quote