View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
brian_griffin
"Elite Poster" ???

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
On another note I think this movement really shows who cares about money(the players) and who cares about hockey(the owners). I hope when those greedy little ..... get back to playing the HRR drops and they lose a ton of money. I will still watch hockey though because I love the sport and not the players.
Greed is not mutually exclusive. Both sides can be Gordon Geckos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Huh? Thatīs just silly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
it may sound silly, but, in my experience it happens occasionally. i've seen it first hand. in one case it took 2 years to settle a contract because the two principles couldn't be in the same room without screaming. they were basically 1% apart on the money and couldn't get it done because they refused to deal with each other. lack of respect, mutual dislike, and/or a battle of egos can cause communication breakdowns and entrenched positions. i'm not saying that explains the entire lockout; but, it is curious that one of the longest bargaining sessions thus far was between s. fehr and daly in a neutral location.
Agree it happens. Long before negotiations begin, strategies are set with individual roles and responsibilities. IMHO, a personal impasse between Bettman and D. Fehr is a real possibility.

Another reason for having the second-in-commands from each side talk, is it allows both sides to have an "out" that since the principal / lead people were not involved, an "unofficial" tag can be attached to the discussions. There can be a lot more probing of potential positions / "what ifs", etc., if Bettman & D. Fehr aren't involved.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote