Thread: Rosters and Ratings: NHL 13 player growth
View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
I'm enjoying the potential system more and more because of how unpredictable it is. Anything outside of a guy with green stars is a hit or miss prospect. I'm into my 2021 season of my 25yr BaGM and I've had several 4 yellow star prospects completely stall in their development. Curtis Lazar was a 4.5 yellow star player and was drafted by Nashville. His value was huge for several years, but he never made it above 81 overall and was putting up paltry numbers in the NHL. I traded a 2nd and a prospect for him thinking I could get him to his full potential and now he's 26 and hasn't improved a bit no matter where I put him.

I've tried the "look at his future contract" thing and that's pretty hit or miss as well. Sure, some guys do eventually live up to the deal they want 5 years down the line, but plenty of guys don't.

One thing is for sure though, they need to rework the contract system. It's too closely linked to overall rating and very loosely based on production. I had a guy ramp up from 78 overall to 87 overall in 3 years in the AHL, and his contract was over $6.5M without having scored a single point in the NHL. Sure, he's 4.5 green stars and 6'7 and 256lbs, but that's another story all together.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote