View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Shady Machine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H382 View Post
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about northwest areas of Pittsburgh. I grew up in Beaver, have lived in many different areas of Pittsburgh and even in Charlotte NC for a few years. Beaver is a fantastic town with a thriving Main Street that is pleasant to walk through. I don't recall there being any boarded up businesses and it reminds me of some of the newer towns down south that are new, clean and very safe. Beaver is one of the best "towns" I've been to, and I've traveled all over the country. Brighton Twp and Beaver make up the Beaver School district. Beaver is mostly a small town setting and Brighton Twp is more of a country feel to it. I live in Brighton Twp now and I love it. It's a great school district with plenty of community activities for all ages. If you have more questions about the area let me know. I would be glad to help.
I will echo this as well. My mom lives in Beaver just up the hill by the hospital. It's an awesome town. Beaver county in general is a cool place to grow up with all of the small towns along the river. That said, some of the towns are strong economically (Beaver, Brighton Twp, Bridgewater) and some have their struggles (steer clear of Aliquippa and Ambridge school districts), and Rochester is okay. In general, it was a good place to grow up and it's about 30-35 min drive to the city.