View Single Post
Old
11-05-2012, 12:59 PM
EdAVSfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Would you think the same if Kesler instead of getting 40g/7x points and winning the selke would have gotten 30g/60 points without a selke. Or do you take Jordan Staal over D.Sedin.
Its not really the same comparison. Kesler in 4 seasons, has scored over 30 goals only once, and has gotten over 33 assists only once. They seem more like outliers than consistencies. I mean its really hard to find a guy whos just consistently 30 goals 30 assists. Guys have good and bad seasons. Kesler seems like a 65 pointish guy.

Jordan Staal has not once, ever, been a 30-30 guy. In fact, hes never gotten 30 goals or 30 assists in any season. And were using Alex ovechkin as an example of a 40-40 guy whos not good at anything else? Really??

At least my comparison of Kesler/Kessel has some merit to it.

I try to make my comparisons while not choosing players who have incredible linemates.

Obviously there are comparisons that work in either direction. But I find it hard to believe that a very good all around 30-30 centerman wont make up the 20 point difference from a 40-40 one way winger.

EdAVSfan is offline   Reply With Quote